Pages

Wednesday 13 July 2011

The movie of my life - Bridesmaids

On Saturday Brides 4 and 5, two fellow bridesmaids and I trundled off to the cinema to see Bridesmaids, for research purposes of course. I had heard many good things from everyone who had seen it and was naturally very excited! I wasn’t disappointed.

I have a new hero in Kirsten Wiig. She is, quite frankly, a genius. Not only is she gorgeous and her acting wonderfully funny and touching in all the right places but she co-wrote the thing so she’s really clever too! If you’ve not seen her in Whip It, I really recommend renting it, although be warned, it’ll lead you to dust off your pink Barbie roller skates and fishnet tights!

When I grow up I want to be just like  Kirsten Wiig!


Poor old Annie, it didn’t take much for me to drum up empathy for her. We seem to be in a frighteningly similar situation; single, broke, living with our mums, unemployed and with a crappy love life. We even share that Bridget Jones-esque feeling of inadequacy when faced with smug marrieds and people with careers. Luckily I don’t have to go through anywhere near the level of crap that she has to with my bridal parties. None of my fellow bridesmaids will go out of their ways to ensure the train wreckage that Rose Burn’s character Helen does and my sister would never dream of demoting me to an ordinary bridesmaid. Mind you, it ends up ok for her, she gets the girl (well girly-man Irish cop) and makes up with her BFF and totally makes bitchface Helen shrivel HOORAH! 

Perhaps there’s hope for me after all...

Anyway go and see it if you fancy a lot of laughs, some cringingly gross bits and a musical finale! 

2 comments:

  1. Just don't make awkward speeches at engagement parties and I'm sure you'll be fine ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not likely is it! I spontaneously combust when I have to speak in public, it's most inconvenient! ;)

    ReplyDelete