Pages

Thursday 14 July 2011

The Travel Trollop did a bad/good* thing!

*delete as appropriate

The problem with being unemployed and terminally bored is that it inevitably leads to mischief; those itchy feet start itching away and grand plans start forming in my mushy brain. I’ve been home for nearly four months now and with no job in sight predictably my thoughts turn to other ways to keep myself amused. So when an opportunity presented itself, a germ of an idea took root and I had to go for it...

So the bad/good thing? I just booked flights to New York for September. Eeeeek. I’m guilty of spending money and time on something that is totally un-wedding related...bad Sara! It’s bad because I have no way of paying off the credit card and I have a millionty other things that I need to spend that money on; good because, well it’s New York and I’ve never been. Bad because I told my family that I couldn’t afford to go on holiday with them so I’ll be in the bad books; good because I get to see Kirsti (major amount of squeeeeeeeeing involved!).

Turns out that I don’t really care that I can’t afford to go. I need something to look forward to that isn’t a hen party or wedding, it’s cheaper than flying to Australia to see Kirsti and I really really want to go. Bit of a no brainer really and I completely blame Miss "I'm going to the USA in Sept, shame you can't come too" Kirsti. I was going to turn up at Grand Central Station and surprise her but it seems that I’m keeping enough secrets already and it was impossible not to blab. 

So now I have something else to be organising but at least it's something for me and will be AMAZING!

2 comments:

  1. Hurrah! Every girl needs some time away from all things wedding.

    Shall see you in New York, New York!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! And also squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete